Instructions for the use of Suntrace Trekking PoleThese poles are designed and made for supporting hiking, trekking and mountain climbing. To make your walking pleasant and safe, please see the following Instructions.
This figure shows
three-section telescopic cane.
Baskets differ in each model.
Please see "How to handle the basket"
1. Put your finger on the lever, open it in the direction of the arrow.
2. Pull the lower shaft to the stop mark and fix it.
3. Adjust whole pole length in the middle shaft.
4. Return the lever to its original position to fix shaft.
How to fix adjustable dial
If it is loose, please adjust with an adjustable dial.
Open the lever and turn the adjustable dial 1/4 to 1/2 in the fixing direction.
- Hold the upper (thick) shaft tightly.
- Turn the lower shaft toward you (counterclockwise) to loosen it.
- Pull out the shaft, decide the length and turn it clockwise to tighten.
Please do not tighten too much. It will cause the breakage of lock plug.
When the lock plug is not loosened or tightened, please stop using your pole and make a contact to the store.
Pull out the lower (thin) shaft along with the guide line, and the ratchet
button comes out of the hole. You
will hear the click sound when it is fixed. (Some models don't have guide lines.)
Please make sure the ratchet button comes out of the hole thoroughly before using the pole.
- With removable basket Basket can be removed and changed.
- With fixed basket Basket is fixed and cannot be removed and changed.
- Without basket
Caution! About the basket
- Baskets are attached for preventing the poles from going under the softened ground such as mud, gravel and snow road.
- Attached baskets are not
for deep snow. In case you need
to use in the snowy mountains,
please ask the store you bought or experts.
- Sometimes the basket is caught in the branches or stones
while walking. In this case,
please do not pull out the pole by force. You will be out of balance and fallen down,
which might cause an unexpected accident.
- Please attach the removal baskets securely. Loosened baskets are dangerous and might
Please check if they are
tightened or not while using the poles.
- This product is designed and manufactured for mountain
climbing, trekking and hiking.
Please do not use for other purposes.
Please do not substitute for ice axes and fulcrum for rock climbing.
- Please do not pull out the shaft beyond
the STOP mark.
The strength and stability will be decreased and dangerous.
Do not pull out beyond this line. Upper (thick) shaft Lower (thin) shaft
- After adjusting the length, put the weight on the poles
and confirm if they are fixed firmly.
Sometimes the shafts get shorten even if you fix them tightly.
- Please do not tighten the plug excessively. There is a possibility of breakage.
- Please prevent from putting all of the weight on the pole.
- Please use at the proper length. Using at the inappropriate length is extremely dangerous.
- Please confirm if the shaft is not loose before the children and elderly people's use.
- Pull out the shaft, dry them and store after using the
poles. If the poles are left wet,
inside of the poles will be rusted and become difficult to slide smoothly.
- Please do not use lubricating oil. Shaft will be so slippery that it cannot be tighten.
- Please do not use the poles when there is a fear of thunderbolt.
- Please check the each part before and after usage.
・ Check if the lock plug will be loosen or tighten.
・ Check if there are no scratches, deformation and cracks.
- Please do not put the ferrule in the cracks and between the rocks.
- Please do not sit on the poles.
- If shaft is overloaded, it will be bent or broken.
- When getting on the bus or train, please put the rubber cap on the ferrule in order to ensure safety.
- Please do not stitch the poles.
- Please take off the rubber caps on the wet ground.
- Please change the rubber caps when it's worn down. Be
sure to use the designated parts.Do not take a pole to pieces and remodel it by yourselves.
- Please notice not to scratch or damage the trees by the trekking poles.
- Rubber tips can be removed, so please be careful not to lose them while using and carrying the poles.
- Please do not expose to direct sunlight and store under the dry environment.
- Please do not put the poles close to the heat. Grips and straps will be deformed and the hands get burned. On the contrary, if they are placed under the extremely low temperature, the shaft will be frozen and it will cause a decline in function.
- When carrying the poles, please put them in the bag or
fix with the white plastic hook and put them in the backpack. Unless the poles are carried without
being fixed, the shaft might be in danger of loosen and lost.
As for repair of SINANO trekking poles, please ask the shop you purchased.